“Aside from adding to the knowledge base of how the brain works, I believe it is equally important to validate studying sex just for sex’s sake.” —Dr. Nan
Potential Interview Topics for Dr. Nan
- Real examples of “extraordinary lovers” that Dr. Nan has encountered in her research: women who overcame sexual shame, trauma, and boredom to reach their sexual potential.
- How the brain is connected to sex and experiencing pleasure, and what one can do to break out of self-destructive patterns.
- The seven core wired-in emotional systems and how they can influence anhedonia: SEEKING, FEAR, ANGER, PANIC/GRIEF, LUST, CARE, and PLAY.
- Physical and emotional “Good Sex Tools” that will help readers restore and reinvigorate their sexuality, such as reframing one’s outcomes, active listening with a partner, breathing techniques that help rebalance the nervous system, pelvic floor exercises that supercharge sexual energy, and activities to help assess personal desire level and one’s personal “erotic fingerprint.”
- The rise and fall of the honeymoon phase or “new relationship energy,” and how to maintain a fulfilling relationship for years to come.
- Tips for rediscovering pleasure, in life and in sex, through self-acceptance, listening to one’s body, taking risks, being patient, staying connected with partners, and more.
- An exploration of the sexual revolution fallout stemming from the cultural resistance to diving deep into the study of female sexuality.
- The truth about sex later in life: it is not only possible, but empowering, and how to embrace your sexuality at any age.
- An exploration of polyamory, kink, BDSM, and other areas along the less-mainstream boundaries of the romantic and erotic.
For publicity and interview queries, please contact:
Bridget Nocera | Publicist
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
3 Park Avenue, Floor 19
New York, NY 10016
(t) 212-598-5719 | Bridget.Nocera@hmhco.com